Traveling with Toddlers or Infants!
Traveling with toddlers? Expect hell lot of planning and packing if you want it to go as smooth as it’s on regular days! It’s not impossible to travel with toddlers and definitely not the hardest thing you will have to do as a parent.First things first. Choose a mode of transportation either flight, train or by road. Personally, I won’t ever choose to go by road until that’s the last option. Flying should be the most convenient one while traveling with toddlers.
Here are certain things that help make flying with children or a baby easier:
Handbag essentials while traveling with baby or kids:
- Wet wipes
- Extra pair of clothes
- Loads of snacks
A few things to keep in mind while traveling or flying with your toddlers to engage them :
- Some screen time for kids
- Cotton and cap is a must for baby Y at least while takeoff and landing.
- Pretend plays are the best when they get irritated. Baby Y loves to pretend that he is the pilot of the plane.
- Dress them in comfortable clothes.
- Try and carry some soft and cuddly toy.
- Before we jump into the packing hacks while traveling with toddlers, let’s get the essential planning done i.e. Destination, stay and the whole travel plan:
- Choose the destination wisely according to the atmosphere and climate there.
- Try and stay in a kid-friendly hotel. I prefer apartment stays where we can have access to a kitchen.
- Don’t be much skeptical about the food and things around.
- Give yourself some time from mom duties.
- Try to always have a carrier or stroller handy in case baby sleeps.
That was a small list off the top of my head but if you guys would like to read such a blog “Pointers for Choosing a Kid-friendly destination or destination” then do let us know in the comment section. Let’s move on to the actual packing tips while traveling with toddlers.
A list of what is needed to be packed, how and why:
Tips for Flying or travelling with a toddler:
- First and foremost. Think Why burden yourself with things that can be bought or rented easily!
- Now, what’s the point of carrying a diaper packet on international travel with kids along. Why can’t we buy that at the destination?
- People carry strollers along. Why? We can rent it out easily anywhere.
- Why do we need to burden ourselves with all the unnecessary things with the thought that maybe this or that might be useful?
- Try and carry fewer things that can be used for several things.
- Like wipes. I or any mom can use wet wipes for almost everything! Why carry different tissues or napkins and stuff if that can be overseen.
- A single book that has multiple things can work instead of N number of small books to keep them engaged.
- One or two board games or puzzles should be enough.
While packing clothes, I make sure I pack some selected colors which makes it easy for me to mix and match rather than carrying hell lot of clothes and feel like I have over packed.
Make a packing list. Let me help you with mine:
- A big spacious bag
- A few diapers
- A pack of wet wipes
- Diaper rash cream
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Changing mats/blanket
- A few plastic bags
- A few books and toys
- Clothes, shoes, socks.
- 1 set of warm pair
- A few caps and glasses
- Sippy cups.
- First aid kit
- Baby carrier
A glimpse of our first ever trip as a family:
With this, you are all set to take that leap of faith that everything is going to be okay while traveling with toddlers and everything will be!
You just have to enjoy the place, family time & some alone time too.
If you have traveled before with your toddlers then leave some adorable vacationing pictures in the comment section or DM us on Instagram @messymomslife.
And here’s baby Y being baby Y: